Monday, May 5, 2008

GREETINGS FROM BELGRADE

I bought these 20-25-30 year old BELGRADE postcards from Gypsies today (they sell shit by the green market, a couple of blocks from my place in Belgrade) ... the TV tower shown in the first postcard (I used to play around it when I was a kid, and could see it from the window of my old place) was destroyed during the 10 weeks of NATO bombing in 1999. NATO aircrafts flew 38,000 combat missions, destroyed Serbia's infrastructure and set the country 20 years back. Depleted uranium ammo was used, as well as banned cassette bombs... number of casualties was never officially released. The reason for bombing was the genocide THAT NEVER HAPENNED (think Iraq and weapons of mass destruction )

here are some links
here
here
here
here



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man I love your struggle... but you know... it's hard to stick on their head the TRUTH !!!!!!!!!!!
but lately, some people is not pointing fingers to Serbia anymore ;)
So .. now c'mon send me one of that postcards!!!!!!!!
^^ Ms Larsen ^^

May 8, 2008 at 2:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oiiii! hvala za Beogradska razglenica!!! just arrived!!
hey still perfect cyrilica eh!!!

May 22, 2008 at 3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home