Tuesday, September 30, 2008

CRO MAGS, 9/27/2008, BROOKLYN

John Bloodclot of the CRO-MAGS invited me to their benefit gig at STUDIO B here in Brooklyn the other day. I don't go out that much lately, especially not to concerts, but this was insane, reminded me of the 'good old days'. It was a great lineup, SICK OF IT ALL were the headliners, but I didn't wait for them, I just saw the CRO-MAGS + MURPHY'S LAW who played before them. When John hit the stage, the place exploded, it was the best hardcore gig I've ever witnessed.



In the middle of the concert, John stopped the music - pulled me to the center of the stage and said "THIS IS BOOGIE, HE IS BLAH BLAH BLAH ... AND TODAY IS HIS DAUGHTER'S FIRST BIRTHDAY. NOW ON 3 ALL OF YOU SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY"
ONE, TWO, THREE - HAPPY BIRTHDAY
(Maya's birthday was actually on the 26th, but we threw a party on the 27th.)

thanks bro, you made my day!










John's new band BLOODCLOT is kicking ass, you should check out their new album BURN BABYLON BURN ... also, buy his legendary book, THE EVOLUTION OF A CRO-MAGNON , you won't be disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home