Thursday, June 12, 2008

TOKYO FIRE

Just processed some films from Tokyo. This is from the first morning ... of course, I woke up at 3am, jet lagged as fuck, then went out for a walk around 5am. I was the only sober person in Shibuya. After a brief encounter with a bunch of drunk guys, 



I saw some thick black smoke in the distance. I started walking, then running in that direction. A truck was burning on an overpass ... I was one of the first people on the scene - a couple of taxi drivers pulled over to take some cell-phone pictures, but there were no firefighters there yet. There was no way to get on to the overpass so the closest I could get was right underneath - I took a couple of shots, and then while I was changing the roll - BOOOOOOOOOM, an explosion, probably the gas tank. I had ashes on my tee and I smelled like bbq. Soon the firefighters arrived and the whole thing became pretty boring, just another firefight. 








Some HOLGA images:


I mentioned this incident to Daido Moriyama when we met, and he said "... YOU CAUSED THE ACCIDENT. YOUR DAUGHTER IS MAKING YOU TOO HAPPY ..." and I have to say he might be right. 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny!!! Ziveo Maya!!!
Ms Larsen

June 13, 2008 at 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home